Welcome to Kids Play Space!
– a site dedicated to nurturing play and boosting life skills!
THE KIDS PLAY SPACE PHILOSOPHY
- that children’s independence in everyday activities can be supported in many small, meaningful ways every day
- that children’s primary occupation is play, and through play, children’s learning is the deepest and most valuable
- that all children have the right to play, regardless of socio-economic status, living environment, family situation and level of education, ability/disability and so on…
- that children deserve as many opportunities as possible to lead their own play
And what’s more…
- that adults have a responsibility to advocate for the rights of children
- that children presenting with specific developmental difficulties can be encouraged with certain activity prompts, appropriate facilitation and environmental consideration
- that ‘the simple things in life are often the best’ – less screens, batteries and ‘plastic fantastic’; and more natural, recycled, and readily accessible loose parts and tools
- that cardboard boxes are way under-rated!!!
The creator and author of Kids Play Space is Anna Meadows, a self-declared “passionate paediatric occupational therapist and fierce play advocate”. Read more about Anna here.
NEW TO KIDS PLAY SPACE?
Have fun exploring! Here are a few of my favourites to get you started…
Get Your FREE Play Starter Kit Now!
Subscribe to Kids Play Space and receive VIP newsletters full of links to my favourite posts, tips, resources & inspiration, and get a FREE Play Starter Kit, designed by Anna, to help choose, buy, declutter & organise toys (& ‘un-toys’) for more quality play!PLUS:download your own printable for recording a snapshot of your child’s play!
If you would like to ask a question, leave a comment, inquire about training, or connect, you’ll find all the links here.
I really hope you enjoy exploring Kids Play Space and being part of this awesome community of parents, care-givers, educators, play workers, therapists and more!
- This site contains Affiliate Links. This means that if you follow through with a purchase via a link from this site, Kids Play Space receives a percentage of the sale. Thank you for supporting our vision.
- Supervision is always recommended – use your own judgement regarding safety:-)
- Whilst I am an occupational therapist, please note that if you are seeking OT advice and ideas specifically for your child – an individual assessment and recommendations from your local OT is recommended.
© Kids Play Space. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by the owner/author of Kids Play Space, Anna Meadows.