(This page contains Affiliate links.)
Welcome to the home of all the Kids Play Space contributions to the exciting, practical and information packed therapy FUNCTIONAL SKILLS FOR KIDS series!
This is the ‘go to’ series for your TOP therapist tips to support children as they develop everyday skills from personal care to school day functions, community and play skills.
Hosted by Colleen at OT Toolbox, every month will feature a different functional skill in year long, world wide collaborative project by occupational therapists and physiotherapists. Check out the full series and website links HERE.
I am thrilled to share easy links to all of Kids Play Space’s Functional Skills for Kids post right here!
This awesome team of experienced paediatric Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists have also come together to share information and tips in The Handwriting Book, The Scissor Skills Book and a range of printable resources to help parents, teachers, therapists – anyone working with children!
The Handwriting Book (e-book) is a perfect resource for parents, educators and therapists of preschool and school aged children. It covers:
- The Developmental Progression of Pencil Grasp and Handwriting Strokes
- Fine Motor Skills
- Gross Motor Skills
- Sensory Considerations
- Visual Perceptual Skills
- Reluctant writers,
- Students struggling to master particular handwriting skills, and
- Anyone looking for more fun ways to develop handwriting skills (at home and school)
The Scissor Skills Book (e-book) includes: the developmental progression of scissor use, fine motor skill involvement, gross motor development, sensory considerations and visual perceptual skills. Each section includes strategies and tips to improve these underlying areas.
- Help for kids who struggle with cutting accurately
- Creative tips to keep things interesting for kids who lose interest easily
- Quick, practical strategies that can be put into action today!
- Ideas for kids who cut too fast or too slow
- Support for kids who can’t grasp scissors efficiently
- Strategies for right-handed and left-handed children
Watch this space!!!