Love the pre-loved: Toy library
Toy libraries are fantastic resources!
They are perfect for:
- babies to preschoolers (mainly),
- providing lots of different play opportunities on a budget (toys can be very expensive - whereas a toy library annual membership is minimal, with options available depending on how many toys you wish to loan at a time, and members contribute to the operation of the toy library through a small number of duty hours),
- the growing, changing needs and wants of babies/young children, who often may be interested in a particular toy for a few weeks (or until that puzzle is mastered), and then be ready to try something different,
- the environment (a sustainable approach to toy use)
- families living in small apartments (like us!) with extremely limited storage for toys! (we borrow toys as we are ready for them, enjoy playing with them, then return them !
If you live in Victoria/Australia -you can check where your nearest, local toy library is, as well as find out more about toy libraries in general via this website: www.toylibraries.org.au
If you live elsewhere, I'd love to know if you also have access to toy libraries.
What's your favourite toy library toy?